Monday, March 2, 2009

33 Weeks = THE BEST WEEK EVER

So this Wednesday I will be 34 weeks! In just 3 weeks I will be considered full term and our sweet little Eleni could appear at anytime. WOW!

This past weekend we had our baby shower. It was BEAUTIFUL--a HUGE thank you from the bottom of my heart to my Mom and Auntie. They went above and beyond, all of the details were SOOOO CUTE and the food VERY YUMMY!! Eleni is already one spoiled and lucky girl--she has so many people that love her and can not wait to meet her! Ari and I feel EXTREMELY blessed. :) Eleni received some very special gifts at the shower. First was the bassinet that has been passed down in my family for years, all redone and BEAUTIFUL! My brother slept in it, I slept in it, numerous cousins, family friends, and now it is Eleni's turn! Second was my baby blanket that was cleaned and re-vamped to look like new with new lace and ribbon trim. SO AMAZING!!!

On Sunday, Ari and Papou Andy (Papou means Grandpa in Greek) picked up the glider/recliner chair for the nursery. Ari and Mike brought in our dresser/changer and after a few tries moving things around we finally have almost every thing set up in the nursery! Now all that we have left are just a few finishing touches to set up. IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL--exactly how I pictured my dream nursery for a little girl. I hope Eleni likes it!

I finally feel a little more relaxed and at ease. I am overwhelmed with happiness and excitement for what is in store for us just around the corner. I am hoping that I can really enjoy the next few weeks before she makes her debut. Here are some pictures from week 33, the baby shower, and room updates. Get comfortable everyone, there are quite a few pictures!!




NURSERY UPDATES







SHOWER PICTURES


















Christina took this very cool picture of my shoes--needless to say I had my flip flops on soon after!

1 comment:

Christina Dely said...

I tried to post a comment the other day, and I don't think it worked :(

I just wanted to tell you and Ari how AMAZING the room looks! It is literally something out of a magazine. You should be very proud of yourselves. Just another indicator of the wonderful parents you will be to Eleni:)

The shower was amazing! I had such a wonderful time meeting your mom and aunt, and eating their delicious home cooking!